Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier cruise company with a fleet of seven luxurious vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry.
This role will be utilised throughout our cruise/ferry services along the Swan River and Rottnest Island however the majority of the role will be supporting the Transperth's ferry service. The Transperth ferry services operates on the Swan River between the Elizabeth Quay jetty in Perth and the Mends Street jetty in South Perth.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority providing excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds and provide assistance
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required
- Be well presented at all times
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master 5 (Essential)
- Minimum Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 NC (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Working knowledge of Safety Management Systems (Essential)
- Working knowledge of OH&S systems and regulations (Essential)
- Confined Space (Desirable)
- Dangerous Goods (Desirable)
About the role
The role will be utilised throughout the business. When working along the Swan River and Rottnest Island, there is a hospitality aspect to this position. The Master will need to provide commentary on the cruises but training and talking points will be provided.
When working within the Transperth ferry service, the Master is responsible for the safe and timely passenger transport crossing the Swan River, Perth between Elizabeth Quay Ferry Terminal to South Perth foreshore and return.You will be required to ensure timely arrival/departure complying with regulations set down by the Public Transport Authority.
The primary function of the Master role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of Company vessels, ensuring the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant local and international laws and company policies.
This position in our team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in professional customer service.
This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 August 2019