Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold a Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC (MED2) qualification or higher?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to register your interest!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink NT operates out of Darwin and is proudly Australian owned and operated. With 3 vessels and over 25 staff SeaLink NT is a fast growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operators in the region, operating daily 13 daily services to Mandorah and 3 services a week to the Tiwi Islands.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds and provide assistance
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Marine Engine Driver grade 2 NC qualification or higher
- Solid mechanical background with Yanmar engine experience desired
- Knowledge of safety and maritime obligations
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Ochre card
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry well regarded
About the role
The MED role plays a pivotal role in the day to day safe and efficient operation of our vessels. This role is responsible for all mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as pre-starts, shut downs, handovers and daily maintenance. Clear communication, physical fitness and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines is paramount in this role.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- The Re-fueling of vessel in safe manner
- Assist Master in conducting safety drills
- Daily checks and maintenance
- Complete daily Engineering log and report defects
- Assist with the safe, efficient and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist with cleaning duties at the end of shift
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to register your interest!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.