Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Have a background in accounting?
Experienced in Finance Management?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join one of Australia’s most dynamic travel companies to oversee the Finance function for Western Australia and SeaLink Travel Groups most recent acquisition, Bruny Island.
About the Role
Based in Adelaide and reporting to the CFO, this role will have responsibility for providing expert financial advice, with a focus on budgeting, business management, monitoring of financial results, reporting and financial training and capacity building.
In addition to the above, the role will have responsibility for the following:
- Manage and deliver the management accounts, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly journals, reconciliations, key performance indicators and reporting
- Provision of support for the leadership team with development of and understanding budgets, budget analysis and reporting
- Prepare FBT return for review by Tax Agents and BAS calculations for returns
- Undertake project work as required
- Ensure findings and recommendations as a result of any internal / external audit processes are reported to management
- Lead and participate in financial and business reviews to improve and strengthen internal controls around business processes
- Supervision of the day to day accounting responsibilities for a small team
- Ensure compliance with payroll tax and WorkCover calculations
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of accounting practices and their application, along with superior numerical ability and accuracy. Appropriate qualifications in accounting or a related discipline are required along with membership of either the ICAA or CPA Australia. The successful person will have experience in contribution to planning and execution of organisational strategy and decision making along with strong project management skills.
We are also looking for a person with the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of experience in stakeholder management
- Commercially astute
- Previous experience in the professional presentation of reports to senior management
- Excellent time management skills
The person we are looking for will be a team player with at least 5 years of previous experience in a similar role. Prior experience working in a shared services environment would be advantageous. As this role is based in Adelaide and responsible for Bruny Island (Tasmania) and Western Australia, it is envisaged that regular travel to both sites would be required.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on 8th August 2019.