SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
An opportunity has arisen for a Live On experienced Sous Chef to join our team at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that prides itself on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
Reporting to the Executive Chef you will be a professional career chef with a proven track record in a similar fast paced, high volume environment. You will have proven technical kitchen skills, excellent financial acumen and understand how to drive business performance.
Role responsibilities include, not are limited to:
- Assist the Executive Chef with food purchasing, quality control, food storage and security, food preparation and presentation, menu planning, kitchen hygiene, cleanliness and safety, food costing and analysis
- Quality, presentation and timely delivery of meals in line with the Resorts policy and standards
- Maintain hygiene, health, safety, cleanliness and environmental standards in the kitchen department by adhering to relevant legislative, regulatory, insurance and industry standards for the Resort
- Manage the operations functions of the resort kitchens with the guidance
- Provide relevant reports to the executive chef as required
- Assist in the management of staff and identifying training requirements
To be successful you will possess:
- Demonstrated industry experience, inclusive of high volume buffet service, events and fast faced restaurant experience, minimum 5 years
- Outstanding people management skills & understand cultural diversity
- Experienced in meeting budgets and financial reporting
- Great time management skills and the ability to produce and manage a superior product
- Excellent communication skill with empathy toward inspiring a positive staff culture
- Self-motivated & ability to motivate colleagues & team members
- Extraordinary high level of customer service and focus
- Passionate Hospitality professional seeking a rewarding career opportunity
This role is a live on island position. This is a great ongoing opportunity for the successful candidate to build a rewarding career.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The availability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The availability to work during peak seasonal periods
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.