SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
So, what are you looking for......
We are in search of a professional Trade Qualified Painter to join our diverse team for a temp contract till July 2020 … do you think you have what it takes?
Role Requirements and Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to paint match
- Able to read and follow instructions
- Work in a team environment
- Able to work autonomously
- Supervision and management of team members including apprentice team members
To be successful you will possess:
- A Trade Qualification (Specific to Painting)
- Proactive approach to workplace safety
- Previous experience within the painting industry
The successful applicant will have a positive 'can do' attitude and be able to carry out work with minimal supervision. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a work life balance in an enviable location, whilst progressing your career.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid open drivers licence
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- The ability to travel to and from Fraser Island on a daily basis
This role is a live-off island role, with free transfers to and from the island on the barge.
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.