Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team.
Do you have a background in the tourism and marine transport industry?
Are you looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Management and leadership experience
- Ability to mentor, coach and motivate others
- Finance and business acumen including budget development and reporting
- Ability to work with and accept change
- Rapport and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative, systematic reasoning, achiever and self driven
- Organisational and planning skills
- Achievement and results driven
- Self motivated
- Computer literacy
- Conflict resolution skills
- Strategic planning and achievement
- Logistical mind
- Continuous improvement focus
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Minimum 7 years maintenance management & planning experience
- Extensive experience managing all HR requirements of maintenance team.
- Extensive experience managing operational maintenance budgets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of The Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Act 2012 (National Law) & regulations.
- Working knowledge of The National standard for commercial vessels (NSCV)
- Experience with MEX Planned Maintenance software is desirable.
- Sound proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (word, excel etc.)
- Sound knowledge of DNV Class requirements.
About the role
The Maintenance Manager will report to the General Manager and is a key leadership position of SeaLink Gladstone.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining the vessels and company assets to the highest standard for a safe and efficient operation.
Maintain the vessel maintenance schedule, troubleshoot and diagnose and rectify engineering issues throughout the fleet.
Plans, directs, evaluates, oversees, organizes, supervises and coordinates the maintenance of SeaLink Gladstone’s assets, which consists of its fleet of ferries, buildings, grounds and equipment to a high standard to comply with all current legislation.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for facilitating, developing and implementing short and long term goals and objectives for the maintenance department, maintain annual budgets for the department, coordinate assigned activities with other departments and outside contractors and provides highly accurate administrative reporting to the General Manager.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.