SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink - Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of a professional Housekeeping Manager to join our Eurong Beach Resort team of Hospitality & Tourism lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
Reporting to the Resort General Manager, the Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for the management of administration and operation of the entire Housekeeping department, ensuring cleanliness of our 60 hotel rooms, 18 apartments, 18 bunk rooms, 50 staff accommodation units and public areas.
You will be a strong leader and proven ‘all-rounder’ with a track record in successful performance management and succession planning of integrated tourism & hospitality businesses. You will have proven technical skills within, professional financial acumen and understand how to drive business performance.
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily allocations of rooms and duties to team members
- Management and training of Housekeeping team members
- Co-ordination of workforce to meet daily deadlines
- Checking rooms to ensure a high standard is met
- Releasing rooms on time for guests
- Attend to guest enquiries, requests and complaints
- Monitor as required the disposal of laundry and garbage
- Liaise with Maintenance and Front Office departments
- Ensure safe manual lifting procedures are adhered to
- Management of staff rosters
- Management of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
To be successful in any one of these roles, you will possess:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Demonstrated industry specific experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team
- Experience in motivating team members to achieve targets and outcomes
- Great time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of your chosen department
- Ability to work flexible hours across a 24 hour business
- Flair, enthusiasm and passion for your chosen department
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a culturally diverse team
- Proven experience in meeting cost of goods sold and labour budgets
- Great time management skills and the ability to produce and manage a superior product
- Excellent communication skill and ability to inspire a positive staff culture
- Self-motivated and able to motivate colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated experience in a larger hotel or resort- based environment
- A charismatic and positive leader with a thirst for a new challenge, the successful candidate will have the ability to help drive business and bring their own flair to the resort
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for a live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Accommodation, located within the grounds of the Resort, and sharing the Accommodation facilities with approximately 50 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily for team members
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the staff and backpackers pool
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Celebrations! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment (subject to qualifying period)
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people