Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Have a background in housekeeping management?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, and Fraser Island Barges & Fraser Explorer Tours. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housekeeping Service Manager to join our team at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Executive Housekeeping Manager will be responsible to manage the administration and operation of the housekeeping department, ensuring cleanliness of our 106 villas, 152 hotel rooms and 8 private houses.
- Daily allocations of rooms and duties
- Management and training of Housekeeping team members
- Coordination of workforce to meet daily deadlines
- Checking rooms to ensure a high standard
- Releasing rooms on time for guests
- Attend to guest enquiries, requests and complaints
- Monitor as required the disposal of laundry and garbage
- Liaise with Maintenance and Front Office departments
- Ensure safe manual lifting procedures are adhered to
- Management of staff rosters
- Management of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
To be successful you will have...
- Proven experience as an Executive Housekeeping Manager, within a Hotel/Resort environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large team, approximately 50 pax
- Experience in motivating team members to achieve targets and outcomes
- Great time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Knowledge with housekeeping product and O H & S compliance
- Ability to work flexible hours
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months) or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid manual licence – not essential but will be highly regarded
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
This is a great ongoing opportunity for the successful candidate to build a rewarding career.
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 30th October 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.