SeaLink Fraser Island… A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search for a professional Qualified Commi Chef to join our diverse team at Eurong Beach Resort… do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you...
- You will be part of a team ensuring that the kitchen operations run effectively and will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality dishes that are in line with the hotels standard.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to works across multiple outlets
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Follow correct safe handling techniques to transport and store food items
- Wiping down of benches, mopping floors and removal of rubbish from multiple outlets
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
A few simple role requirements...
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery) - preferably in a hotel / resort environment / banquettes
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME KITCHEN is a MUST!!
- A valid Police Clearance (dated no more than 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to work
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Accommodation on Fraser Island for work
- Manual licence – highly regarded
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Accommodation, located within the grounds of the Resort, and sharing the accommodation facilities with approximately 50 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily for team members
- Free barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the Beach Bar poo
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Celebrations! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment (subject to qualifying period)
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a National Police Check prior to commencing to the next stage of our recruitment process.
Due to the large volume of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!