Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is seeking a professional and experienced Baker to join the our Eurong Beach Resort team and work in our Island Bakery.
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Have experience in a bakery position?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
SeaLink Fraser Island Resort Group makes working in paradise an attainable reality with our fully integrated, large scale eco-tourism resorts, marine operations and touring opportunities. Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.
Requirement of the role:
- Minimum 1 - 3 years' experience in a Bakery position
- You will be in charge of coordinating the Bakery's daily output and running’s, ensuring that the bakery operations run effectively.
- You will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality baked goods that are in line with the hotels standards.
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Maintain workplace health and safety procedures, manual handling, chemical handling and other company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the hygienic and safe preparation of food
- Responsible for effective training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimisation of productivity through efficient work practices
- Demonstrate working in a team environment and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME BAKERY is a MUST!!
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Accommodation and Live-on Fraser Island for work
- Possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work in a fast pace environment.
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
A bit about you...
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Relevant trade qualifications
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional time management skills
- High level of customer service and work ethic
- Proven experience in meeting cost of goods sold and labour budgets – ability to meet and exceed department KPI’s
Our Kitchen Values:
- Strong and professional work ethic
- Passion for quality food and customer service
- Motivated and enthusiastic team worker
- Willingness to learn
- We will reward you with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications.
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Accommodation, located within the grounds of the Resort, and sharing the accommodation facilities with approximately 50 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily for team members
- Free barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the Beach Bar pool
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Celebrations! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment (subject to qualifying period)
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a National Police Check prior to commencing to the next stage of our recruitment process.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 9th October 2020.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.