Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
SeaLink Fraser Island is seeking a professional live on island Resort Porter to join our diverse team of tourism lovers, at our Kingfisher Bay Resort located on Fraser Island.
The Resort Porter is responsible for meeting and greeting all incoming customers / barge transfers, including transferring guests and luggage to the resort.
Key Role Requirements
- liaise with the Skipper and barge staff for the safe loading and unloading of the luggage truck
- Wash and clean the buses, and the luggage trucks on a weekly basis as directed by the Duty Manager.
- perform any reasonable additional duties as directed by the Duty Manager, Front Office Manager or Rooms Division manager.
- complete all daily shift check sheets
- coordination of luggage pick-up and delivery arrangements for all guests
- when requested assist front office with check in, check outs, providing guest guidance to room allocations, answering incoming calls & tour bookings.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Understand and work by Workplace Health and Safety rules and regulations at all times
- Ability to take direction, take on multiple tasks at once, and follow standard daily job boards and lists
- Ability to work autonomously or in teams – proven ability to work unsupervised
- Meticulous attention to detail – looking further than the obvious
- Ability to demonstrate initiative at work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for SeaLink team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid manual LR licence – essential to the role
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Proven experience in a resort / hotel / motel environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication with other resort departments
- Great time management skills
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa!
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 30th April 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Fraser Island … is a World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.