Join an award – winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink is looking for a Training and Compliance Master
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
We are currently seeking an experienced a Training and Compliance Master to join our operations here in Cleveland - South East Queensland.
This is a strong leadership position and a high level of interpersonal skills; strong marine compliance background and knowledge of the marine industry is essentially required to ensure your ongoing success.
You will train, supervise and evaluate all Marine Crew in their knowledge of the vessel Safety Management Systems, Emergency Preparedness, Standard Operating Procedures and Company Policy and Procedures relevant to the operations of the vessel.
You will be a highly driven and motivated individual with a focus on driving and supporting solutions for operational improvements with the efficient operations and safety of our vessels and infrastructure.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Possesses a Valid Certificate of Competency Master 4 and MED 2, Radio Operations Licence and Senior First Aid Certificate;
- CERT IV Workplace Training and Assessment (Desirable but not essential)
- Strong knowledge and experience within the Marine Industry with Safety and Compliance;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills;
- Demonstrated reliability with the ability to respond and adapt to changing business needs;
- Experienced with investigations of incidents, operational problems and equipment failures;
- High level skills in reporting, preparing reports and operational software;
- Ability to mentor, train, led, coach and motivate others;
- Experienced in dealing and negotiating with unions;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with internal / external stakeholders;
About the role
The Training and Compliance Master will be responsible for efficiency of vessel fleet operations ensuring Health and Safety Standards are maintained with the training and development of vessel crew to ensure ongoing compliance with legislative requirements.
The Training and Compliance Master will provide leadership and direction to all vessel staff on vessel operations ensuring compliance standards are maintained with passenger and charter services.
The Training and Compliance Master will also work closely with the SEQ Operations Manager to ensure that we are setting new standards with marine compliance and operational excellence.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close by 12th of March 2021
We are requesting a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.