Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences, and we are looking for motivated professional's to join our dynamic team as a Food & Beverage Attendant, working across multiple outlets.
This is an exciting and significant career opportunity!
If you’ve been told that ‘customer service’ is your middle name, or that it runs in your blood, then we want to hear from you!
You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of skilled and enthusiastic individuals. Your role will involve providing exceptional guest dining experiences, ensuring prompt and professional service is provided to guests in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
To be successful you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in a-la-carte restaurant service, along with buffet and bistro style services
- Proven ability to work across multiple outlets, inclusive of buffet, a-la-carte, bar, bistro and functions
- Dynamic personality with the ability to provide an exceptional level of service to guests at all times.
- MUST hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with wine and cocktail knowledge
- Demonstrated barista experience
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Great time management skills and the ability to produce and manage a superior product
- Ability to work across a broad rostering system
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
All of our positions require a professional outlook, an exceptional commitment to customer service & flexibility to work around a 24-hour operation.
We are looking for live-on candidates, which will require you to relocate onto Fraser Island for work.
We will provide you with charged accommodation and meals during your time with us on the island.
A few live on island perks for SeaLink team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex Staff Area
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
We ensure you are part of a team of hospitality and tourism professional that promotes a CARE philosophy to ALL employees.
- Communication – We ensure all team members have the opportunity for regular two way communication regarding their role.
- Acknowledgement – We recognise and reward good work
- Responsibility – We provide you with training opportunity to succeed in your role
- Experience – We encourage all team members to experience our products and services across resort and touring opportunities
How SeaLink Fraser Island works with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… If you think you’ve got the personality, the grit and the determination to make a positive impact in our team, then we want to hear from you! We are currently reviewing and considering all applications. Put yourself out there, take a risk, it might just pay off.