Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
So, what are we looking for?
If you're a FUN, ENERGETIC and PASSIONATE Tour Guide, then we want you to spend the day guiding like-minded guests around Queensland's beautiful Fraser Island. Spend two or three nights off-roading in our bespoke 4WD buses on the world's largest sand island.
Are you ready for warmer adventures and activities all year round? Do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you…
- A sense of humour and an engaging personality
- A passion for guiding and for Fraser Island and its surrounds
- An appreciation for the natural environment, and its wildlife
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be confident and a great public speaker and communicator
- Great people management skills
- A good sense of direction
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Availability across a 7 day working roster
- Ability to work in varied weather conditions
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or have the ability to obtain
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to travel to and from the island daily for work, with occasional overnight stays required for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Previous guiding experience – essential for the role
- Previous driving (guiding) experience not essential, but will need to have the ability and willingness to learn
- Hold a current MR driver's license, or have the ability to obtain one
- Hold a current QLD Transport Driver Authorisation, or have the ability to obtain one
- Any previous Tourism qualifications will be highly regarded, but are not essential
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Just a few of the many sights you will be visiting and exploring each day include Lake McKenzie, Lake Wabby, Central Station, 75-Mile Beach, The Maheno Shipwreck, The Coloured Sands, Eli Creek, Indian Heads and Champagne Pools.
No two days are ever the same!
Visit https://www.facebook.com/cooldingotour or check out our Flickr pages http://www.flickr.com/photos/cooldingotour/ website: https://www.cooldingotour.com/
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!