Are you after a job that offers:-
Location! Location! Location!
Flexible working conditions
Mainland based, working daily on Fraser Island
Fraser Explorer Tours … an award winning team based from Hervey Bay are looking for?
FUN, ENERGETIC and PASSIONATE Tour Guides
working from Hervey Bay with occasional requirement to overnight on Fraser Island while taking tour groups on an off-road adventure of our World Heritage Listed paradise in our own custom built 4WD buses on the world's largest sand island.
Benefits below for our Tour Guides include:-
No camping/tent setups
Resort accommodation when on tour
A few essentials about you…
- A sense of humour and an engaging personality
- A passion for guiding and for Fraser Island and its surrounds
- An appreciation for the natural environment, and its wildlife
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be confident and a great public speaker and communicator
- Great people management skills
- A good sense of direction
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in varied weather conditions
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or have the ability to obtain
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to travel to and from the island daily for work, with occasional overnight stays required for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Previous guiding experience – essential for the role
- Previous driving (guiding) experience not essential, but will need to have the ability and willingness to learn
- Hold a current MR driver's license, or have the ability to obtain one
- Hold a current QLD Transport Driver Authorisation, or have the ability to obtain one
- Any previous Tourism qualifications will be highly regarded, but are not essential
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Just a few of the many sights you will be visiting and exploring each day include Lake McKenzie, Lake Wabby, Central Station, 75-Mile Beach, The Maheno Shipwreck, The Coloured Sands, Eli Creek, Indian Heads and Champagne Pools.
No two days are ever the same!
Are you ready to join our multi award winning team!
Then what are you waiting for! Complete your application now!
For more information on our services: visit https://www.facebook.com/cooldingotour or check out our Flickr pages http://www.flickr.com/photos/cooldingotour/ website: https://www.cooldingotour.com & https://www.fraserexplorertours.com.au