SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that prides itself on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
So, what are we looking for?
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Chief Kitchen Steward to join our team.
Reporting to the Executive Chef you will be responsible for managing the Kitchen Steward team across multiple outlets throughout the Resort.
Role Responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated experience in a kitchen management / supervisory role
- Management of all cleaning requirements in the back of house Kitchen area
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Management of rosters and daily staffing allocations
- Management and leadership of a team
- Rinse dirty crockery and cutlery, stack in the dishwasher, unload and put away & wash pots by hand
- Ensure that all Food and Beverage outlets are provided with clean and sanitised operating equipment
- Use correct handling techniques to transport and store food items
- Wipe down benches & sweep and mop floors
- Knowledge of chemical handling and food handling
- Ability to work flexible hours across a 24 hour business
- Current Police Check (dated no more than 6 months) or the ability to obtain one for work
- Manual licence
- Food Handling certificate
- Ability to relocate for work
We will provide you with the appropriate training and development in this role to ensure you are supported and can perform at your best while also learning about the business and its practices.
We are looking for live-on candidates, so you would be required to relocate to Fraser Island for work. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check or possess one dated within the last 6 months
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.