- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Make the Northern Territory your office
- Permanent Full-time position
SeaLink NT is looking for a full-time, dual-qualified Vessel Master under 24M NC/ Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC to join our team. This position is based in Darwin, to meet roster requirements the successful candidate will have to be based locally or be willing to relocate to Darwin.
Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold a MED II and Master V qualification?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink NT operates out of Darwin and is proudly Australian-owned and operated. With 4 vessels and over 25 staff SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily services to Mandorah and 3 services a week to the Tiwi Islands, also runs a separate operation from Groote Eylandt.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complemented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Marine Engine Driver grade II NC and Vessel Master class 5 qualifications
- Experience with high-speed catamarans
- Solid mechanical background with Caterpillar engine experience
- Knowledge of safety and maritime obligations
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Ochre card
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry
About the role
The successful candidate will be rostered on Engineering shifts as well as Vessel Master shifts. Both roles play a pivotal role in the day-to-day safe and efficient operation of our vessels and their crew. The engineering role is responsible for all mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as pre-starts, shutdowns, handovers, and daily maintenance. The Vessel Master is responsible for navigation, crew leaderships, safety drills, and management systems as well as reporting requirements. Clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in both roles.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Safe vessel navigation
- Re-fueling of the vessel in a safe manner
- Daily checks, maintenance, and reporting
- Conducting drills and maintaining knowledge of the Vessel’s Safety Management Systems
- Leadership and mentoring of crew
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist with cleaning duties at the end of shift
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 22nd of October 2021
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.