Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink is looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team in a permanent full time capacity.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a Generalist HR position, preferably within the tourism or transport industry.
SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK), is Australia's largest marine transport and tourism company, with operations in SA, NSW, QLD, NT, Tasmania and WA. We employ over 1,600 people across Australia and transport more than 8 million customers every year.
About the role
The People & Culture Manager will have a reporting relationship to the GM's of our South East Queensland operations. They will be part of a team that values integrity and team work.
This important role will provide support to operational teams, comprising of approximately 140 team members. They will oversee and coordinate the delivery of HR services to our various departments including areas such as Sales, Technology, Administration, and Ferry operations.
Providing support to three distinct locations, the ability to travel regularly will be a requirement of the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and support all HR activities including recruitment, performance management, employee engagement and workplace investigations
- Proven track record in implementing and managing recruitment processes (Experience with Expr3ss software will be well regarded)
- Develop contracts of employment and advice (Agreement, Award Based and Award Free)
- Assist with the negotiation and implementation of Enterprise Agreements
- Assist with policy development and implementation
- Partner with the department leaders to provide HR support
- Coordination of a range of Employee Recognition programs
- Assistance with the development and implementation of National projects
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have worked in a Generalist HR role, preferably within the tourism or transport industry
- Knowledge of employment legislation, Awards and Enterprise Agreements and experience in enterprise bargaining
- Experience conducting complex workplace investigations (Experience with EMS software will be well regarded)
- Be highly competent in using Microsoft suite of applications.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and written skills including the ability to evaluate conflict situations and implement conciliatory procedures as needed
- Demonstrate attention to detail, time management and leadership skills
- Have a HR qualification
- Have the ability to travel
Key to your success in this role, you will demonstrate experience working in a fast paced and diverse environment. You will have exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities. Your leadership qualities would also allow you to mentor and coach senior leaders in HR practices.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close 21 February 2019.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.