Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences, and we are looking for motivated professional's to join its dynamic Food & Beverage team as a Multi-Outlet Resort Restaurant Supervisor.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in the supervision of the operational and strategic functions of a food and beverage outlet (eg. restaurant, cafe)
- Experience with the supervision of food and beverage service, staff supervision and stock control/rotation
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a quality a-la-carte / fine dining restaurant service / high volume buffet service / weddings and events (any of the listed)
- You will be passionate about fine food and quality wine
- Demonstrated high level of staff motivational skills
- Great time management skills
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge - or have the ability to obtain one for employment
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards. Inclusive of: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated ability to be able to float between outlets, understanding and supervising the various expectations within each outlet
This opportunity requires the successful candidate to move onto Fraser Island for work, with accommodation and meals provided.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity - APPLY NOW !!
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.