Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
Reporting to the Duty Manager and Rooms Division Manager, and working with the Front Office Team, the Resort Front Office Guest Service Agent is responsible for ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service at Kingfisher Bay Resort.
The successful applicant will ensure the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations. The Resort Front Office Guest Service Agent will effectively communicate between other resort departments.
This is a live on island role and involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
Key Role Requirements:
- Management of the daily resort log and escalating complaints to the Duty Manager if required.
- Booking of guests into restaurant, spa and other facilities.
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Working with Rangers team to book guests into various tours and activities.
- Responding to guest queries and working out solutions to meet their needs.
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- The ability to relocate to Fraser Island or Hervey Bay
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a large Hotel or Resort based environment
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, credit card reconciliation and accounts management
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 26 September 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink - Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.