SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of a live on professional Resort Front Office Guest Service Agent to join our diverse team of Tourism and Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Management of the Front Office Team and daily procedures, reporting to the Front Office Manager, and Rooms Division Manager
- Ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations – ability to effectively communicate between other resort departments
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, reconciliation and accounts management
- Proven staff management, rostering, providing ongoing support and training to your team, and ability to conduct monthly team member appraisal reports to Management
- Management of the daily resort log
- Ensuring efficient front office operations, through maintaining budgets and controls of financial reports
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Demonstrated Front Office Management experience in a large Hotel or Resort based environment
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About SeaLink Travel Group
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.