Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Are you a professional Front Office Guest Service Agent?
We encourage you to apply!
About SeaLink Travel Group
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Working with the Front Office Team and daily procedures, reporting to the Duty Manager, and Rooms Division Manager
- Ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations – ability to effectively communicate between other resort departments
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, credit card reconciliation and accounts management
- Management of the daily resort log and escalating complaints to the Duty Manager if required.
- Booking of guests into restaurant, spa and other facilities.
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
- Responding to guest queries and working out solutions to meet their needs.
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Working with Rangers team to book guests into various tours and activities.
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a large Hotel or Resort based environment
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- The ability to relocate to Fraser Island or Hervey Bay
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment at discount rates
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 25th September 2020.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.