Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better to start your New Year with!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of a professional Resort Front Office Manager to join our diverse team of Tourism and Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
Key role responsibility…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Monitor and control all Front Office operations for Kingfisher Bay Resort, delivering consistency in guest service standards
- Management and review of business process, systems, procedures, department costs and service levels in order to enhance productivity and performance for the resort
- Management of the Front Office Team and daily procedures, reporting to the Rooms Division Manager
- Ensuring effective communication with the Executive Housekeeping Manager and Rooms Division Manager to ensure all accommodation is of the highest standard for guests checking in
- Ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations – ability to effectively communicate between other resort departments
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, reconciliation and accounts management
- Proven staff management, rostering, providing ongoing support and training to your team, and ability to conduct monthly team member appraisal reports to Management
- Management of the daily resort log
- Management of budgets in line with staff rosters to ensure cost effective and efficient operations of the front office department
- Ensuring efficient front office operations, through maintaining budgets and controls of financial reports
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
A few simple role requirements…
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.