Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Explorer Tours & Fraser Island Barges
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for a professional Sales & Reservations Consultant to join our dedicated team of Hospitality and Tourism lovers.
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Have previous call centre or reservations experience?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Selling paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
The Kingfisher Bay Resort Group, comprising of Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Explorer Tours and Fraser Island Barges, is a multi-faceted tourism business located on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, the world's largest sand island.
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Sales & Reservations Consultant (SRC) specialist to join the Kingfisher Bay Resort Group team, assisting the Central Reservations & Sales Team in the facilitation and management of sales across our unique Fraser Island brands.
Key role responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Responding to and managing all incoming calls, email, iHotelier and online enquiries including both direct and agent enquiries and bookings
- Data entry into reservations systems
- Upselling and optimising occupancy
- Reconciliation of banking processes
- Delegation of relevant position duties as deemed necessary by your Supervisor or Manager
The successful applicant will display exceptional:
- Proven customer service and sales skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask with proven time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and direction
- Proven ability to work to and achieve KPI targets
About the opportunity:
- This position reports to the Customer Service and Reservations Manager, based at the Hervey Bay Sales & Reservations Office
- Must be available to work flexible working hours (weekends)
Our promise to you:
- We will reward you with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications
- We will allow you to benefit from staff discounts across hotel operations and tour experiences and will be joining a company who pride themselves on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.
Applications close by 5pm on Monday 8 February 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.