Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Selling paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search for a professional Sales & Reservations Agent to join our dedicated team of Hospitality and Tourism lovers. Reporting to the Customers Service Manager and the Reservations Manager, this customer service and sales focused role is responsible for taking reservations for Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Explorer Tours and Fraser Island Barges.
This is a live off island role, based in the Reservation Office in Urangan.
Do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Proven professional customer service and sales skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and reflect a proactive approach to the workplace
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Googledox
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask with a successful and methodical approach to time management
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage conflict resolution
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and direction
- Proven ability to work to, achieve and exceed KPI targets
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember!
- Previous call centre or reservations experience will be highly regarded
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are required for this role, in order to meet daily targets and deadlines
Role requirements and responsibilities…
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Responding to and managing all incoming email, and online enquiries including both direct and agent enquiries and bookings
- Daily data entry into reservations systems
- Upselling and optimising occupancy
- Daily reconciliation of banking processes
- Liaising with local, retail, wholesale and inbound travel agents and actioning their reservations
- Providing up to date and accurate information about the product and area to clients
- Management of overflow incoming telephone assistance when required
- Upselling and offering alternatives and obtaining maximum sales while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Working to correct policies and procedures to guarantee work is completed to the highest standard and satisfaction
- General office duties including, filing, banking, faxing and copying
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- The ability to travel to and from the island as required for work
- The successful candidate MUST be flexible across a 7 day working week, with availability over 365 days a year, reflective of the hospitality and tourism industry
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!