IS YOUR PASSION HOSPITALITY AND EVERYTHING IT INVOLVES?
DO YOU LOVE TO CREATE DISHES FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS, ENSURING THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR THEM?
DO YOU LOVE TO KEEP A NEAT AND TIDY KITCHEN IN ORDER?
DO YOU LOVE TO SERVE AND INTERACT WITH GUESTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD?
DO YOU LOVE TO WORK BEHIND THE BAR OR CAN YOU MAKE A MEAN COFFEE?
WE WANT TO KNOW !!
SEALINK FRASER ISLAND IS CALLING ALL HOSPITALITY PROFESSIONALS!! IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ROLES, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
- TRADE QUALIFIED CHEFS – ALL LEVELS
- APPRENTICE CHEFS
- KITCHEN STEWARD
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE SUPERSTARS OF ALL LEVELS
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in your specific field of work; a-la-carte restaurant service, buffet and bistro style services, kitchen production, kitchen stewarding, supervisory skills and experience
- Proven ability to work across multiple outlets, inclusive of buffet, a-la-carte, bar, bistro and functions
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Demonstrated barista knowledge and/or experience – where required
- Demonstrated beer, wine, spirits and cocktail service knowledge and/or experience
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Great time management skills
- Ability to take direction and work as a part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Follow correct safe handling techniques and store food items
- Wiping down of benches, mopping floors and removal of rubbish from multiple outlets
- Knowledge of chemical handling and changing of beer kegs – highly regarded
- Knowledge of food handling
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work (for front line roles)
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for SeaLink team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Year round access to the Sandbar Pools
How SeaLink Fraser Island works with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!