Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team now and during our holiday period!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Are you a professional Resort Housekeeping Attendant?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in resort / hotel / motel cleans
- Proven experience in a resort / hotel / motel housekeeping environment
- Ability to take direction, take on multiple tasks at once, and follow standard daily job boards and lists
- Ability to work autonomously or in teams – proven ability to work unsupervised
- Meticulous attention to detail – looking further than the obvious
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative at work
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Great time management skills
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Police Clearance (dated no more than 6 months) or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid manual licence – not essential but will be highly regarded
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
As a live off island team member, we provide you with free of charge travel to and from the island daily on the barge.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 24th July 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people