Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink WA is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Have a background in food and beverage?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) by SeaLink has been cruising the waterways of Perth since 1980. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's Premier Cruise Company and now after over 30 years of operation, we have shown thousands of tourists the best that Perth's Swan River has to offer. With our operations at the Barrack Street Jetty we are conveniently located in Perth's CBD. We are an employer of choice in our industry and we pride ourselves on the fantastic team of people we have working for us.
To be successful you must:
- Be able to work within a small team without supervision
- Be available to work a minimum of 25hrs per week on a flexible roster, including nights and weekends
- Food preparation and 1 year experience working in a commercial kitchen is preferred
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Proven strong guest/ customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven reporting and accountability skills
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Attention to detail in preparation & food presentation
These key requirements will be appreciated with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Minimum of 1 year hotel, restaurant or cruise ship experience - Essential
- Certificate Qualification in Hospitality – Desirable
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast paced team - Essential
- Guest service experience – Essential
- Experience in food provision services – Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism and or Hospitality Industry - Desirable
About the role
Demonstrate work practices to allow for maximum learning under the guidance of the commis chefs and Head Chef. Responsible for the cleaning and basic food preparation duties within the kitchen or food preparation areas. Maintain strict hygiene and safety procedures.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 16th October 2020
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.