Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of professional Weddings & Events Coordinator to join our diverse team of Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
A few essentials about you…
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Ability to uphold professional client liaison and the conducting of regular site inspections
- Identification of client needs and requirements to ensure the best possible delivery of events
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Delivery of internal banquet event orders with exceptional attention to detail
- Coordination of high profile academic, corporate and government events
- Coordination of weddings (including ceremonies and receptions), anniversaries, birthday celebrations and tour series
- Maintaining and nurturing client relationships
- Proactive attitude towards securing new and repeat business
- Ability to raise client invoices and follow up post-event
- You will be a motivated, well organised, and reliable person who has the ability to manage simultaneous events in a professional manner
- Ongoing support and operational involvement with the Food & Beverage Department and team in event set ups, pack downs and general even running’s
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- Hospitality / Event Management tertiary qualification (highly regarded)
- Extensive experience within conferencing, events, corporate and weddings
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to event set ups and pack downs
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional attention to details and time management
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, you will be highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!