Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Hold a current drivers license?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- “Can do” attitude
- Systematic reasoning
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- General maintenance / laborer abilities
- Maintain a fitness level to support manual handling of vessels ropes and stores
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Drivers License - Essential
- Senior 1st Aid – Desirable
- Fork Lift License – Desirable
- Past Trade experience - Desirable
- Experience in providing Customer Service – Desirable
- Previous experience in stock control processes – Desirable
About the role
The General Hands primary functions are;
- The safe mooring and securing of the vessel, as directed by the crew.
- Assuring safety of passengers boarding and disembarking the vessel, entering or leaving the passenger terminal including electric wheel chair assistance to and from the vessel.
- Assisting Ferry Crews, Operational staff and Check in staff to facilitate the smooth operation of the check in process and transfer of vessel stores, passengers and vehicles to and from ferries.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the passenger terminal and wharf area
The General Hand will be required to work as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times. Interpersonal and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
The General Hand will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics. This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, self-motivation, responsibility and teamwork.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm Friday 21 September 2018.