Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for motivated professional's to join its dynamic Food & Beverage team as a Restaurant Manager.
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Have a background in food and beverage?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in the management of the operational and strategic functions of a food and beverage department, or similar
- Experience with the management of food and beverage service, staff supervision, stock control, food and beverage revenue analysis and product promotions
- Demonstrated management experience in a quality a-la-carte / fine dining restaurant service / high volume buffet service / weddings and events (any of the listed)
- You will be passionate about fine food and quality wine
- Demonstrated high level of staff management and motivational skills
- Great time management skills
- Understanding of financial acumen and ability to provide departmental reporting as required
- Ability to drive business and cross sell resort opportunities to guests during their stay
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge - or have the ability to obtain one for employment
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards. Inclusive of: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated ability to be able to float between outlets, understanding and managing the various expectations within each outlet
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Customer Focussed - We focus on delivering an excellent experience for every customer
One Team - We are one united team. We support, respect and value each other
Motivated - We embrace each day with energy, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
Professional - We take responsibility to 'the the right thing' with honesty and integrity
Authentic - We are 'real' and genuinely care about what we do
Successful - We are easy to do business with and we deliver results
Safety First - We make safety a priority in everything we do
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 5 March 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.