Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for motivated professional's to join its dynamic Food & Beverage team as a Multi-Outlet Restaurant Manager.
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Have a background in food and beverage?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in the management of the operational and strategic functions of a food and beverage department, or similar
- Experience with the management of food and beverage service, staff supervision, stock control, food and beverage revenue analysis and product promotions
- Demonstrated management experience in a quality a-la-carte / fine dining restaurant service / high volume buffet service / weddings and events (any of the listed)
- You will be passionate about fine food and quality wine
- Demonstrated high level of staff management and motivational skills
- Great time management skills
- Understanding of financial acumen and ability to provide departmental reporting as required
- Ability to drive business and cross sell resort opportunities to guests during their stay
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge - or have the ability to obtain one for employment
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards. Inclusive of: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated ability to be able to float between outlets, understanding and managing the various expectations within each outlet
This opportunity requires the successful candidate to move onto Fraser Island for work, with accommodation and meals provided.
Our promise to you:
- We will reward you with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications.
- We will allow you to benefit from staff discounts across hotel operations and tour experiences and will be joining a company who pride themselves on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
We ensure you are part of a team of hospitality and tourism professional that promotes a CARE philosophy to ALL employees.
- Communication – We ensure all team members have the opportunity for regular two way communication regarding their role.
- Acknowledgement – We recognise and reward good work
- Responsibility – We provide you with training opportunity to succeed in your role
- Experience – We encourage all team members to experience our products and services across resort and touring opportunities
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
Please be aware all shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a National Police Check.
Due to the large volume of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close by 5pm on Monday 26th October 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.