Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
This position will be an integral part of the Sealink Travel Group. The Passenger Service Officers’ primary function of this role is customer service and maintaining the Cafes on board our ferries. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times.
Interpersonal and organisational skills are required and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
To work as the primary contact person for passengers travelling to Kangaroo Island and the associated operational functions and administration requirements of this facility. The Passenger Service Officer will be responsible for the daily, efficient operations of the Café.
The successful applicant will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics.
Currently, there is a seven-day on seven day off rolling roster and you may be required to work outside of these hours on occasions during periods of annual slippings and maintenance requirements.
This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
- Ability to work with and accept change
- Rapport and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Initiative & self-motivated
- Systematic reasoning
- Achievement and results driven
- Elements of Shipboard Safety (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Sales and customer service experience - Essential
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Experience in the Transport Industry - Desirable
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors - Desirable
- Responsible Service of Alcohol - Desirable
- Food Safety Course - Desirable
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Monday 17th May 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.