SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Sealink Fraser Island incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, Eurong Beach Resort, Fraser Island Barges and Fraser Explorer Tours.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that prides itself on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
As Housekeeping Supervisor you will supervise and assist with cleaning rooms to company standard.
You will be a strong leader and proven ‘all-rounder’ with a track record in successful performance management and succession planning of integrated tourism & hospitality businesses. You will have proven technical skills within, professional financial acumen and understand how to drive business performance.
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with daily allocations of rooms and duties to team members
- Training and development of Housekeeping team members
- Daily room checks to ensure company standards are met
- Releasing rooms on time for guest check in
- Attend to guest enquiries, requests and complaints
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness standards of guest rooms
- Monitor as required the disposal of laundry and garbage
- Liaise with Maintenance and Front Office departments
- Ensure correct handling of lost property
- Ensure safe manual lifting procedures are adhered to
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
A few essentials about you...
- Previous hotel or resort cleaning experience – demonstrated industry experience
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Demonstrated experience in supervisory role
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Demonstrated experience working unsupervised
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to work under pressure and resolve problems
- Experience in motivating team members to achieve targets and outcomes
- Great time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of your chosen department
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Flair, enthusiasm and passion for your chosen department
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop a culturally diverse team
- Self-motivated and able to motivate colleagues and team members
This is a great ongoing opportunity for the successful candidate to build a rewarding career.
A few essentials...
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid driver's licence - manual ideal
- The ability to travel to and from the island daily for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to be on call in emergency situations
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
All travel to and from the island via barge is free of charge for team members.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!