Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink Fraser Island is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team now and during our holiday period!
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Are you a professional Trade Qualified Chef at Commi, Demi or Chef de Partie level?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
A few essentials about you...
- You will be part of a team ensuring that the kitchen operations run effectively and will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality dishes that are in line with the hotels standard.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to works across multiple outlets
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Follow correct safe handling techniques to transport and store food items
- Wiping down of benches, mopping floors and removal of rubbish from multiple outlets
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
A few simple role requirements...
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery) - preferably in a hotel / resort environment / banquettes
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME KITCHEN is a MUST!!
- A valid Police Clearance, or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to work
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- Manual licence – highly regarded
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
This is a live on/ live off role, we provide you with free of charge travel to and from the island daily on the barge.
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 16th October 2020.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.