Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
Looking for an exiting new work environment?
Are you a professional Trade Qualified Chef at Commi, Demi or Chef de Partie level?
We encourage you to apply!
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be!
About the Role
The Trade Qualified Chef will be part of a team ensuring that the kitchen operations run effectively and will be responsible for preparing consistently high quality dishes that are in line with the hotels standard.
The successful applicant will follow correct safe handling techniques to transport and store food items. Wiping down of benches, mopping floors and removal of rubbish from multiple outlets is also required.
Kingfisher Bay Resort Group are searching for permanent full-time live on island team members for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Hands of approach to work
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work across multiple outlets
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery) - preferably in a hotel / resort environment / banquettes
- Certificate IV or Diploma desirable
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME KITCHEN is a MUST!!
- A valid Police Clearance, or the ability to obtain one for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Manual licence – highly regarded
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 28 October 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.