- Join an award winning tourism and transport company
- All meals and accommodation when rostered on duty are provided
- Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic experienced entertainer with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join the Murray Princess team on a casual basis.
Experienced singer and performer?
Are you an all round entertainer?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be willing to work flexible hours with the ability to live and work away from home for up to two weeks at a time
- Be well groomed and presented at all times
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- A working knowledge of live sound production
- The ability to provide dance music as a solo performer
- A demonstrated knowledge of popular music genres and eras
- Experienced entertainer/ performer
- Experience in hospitality or tourism
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience performing and entertaining audiences
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
Reporting to the Cruise Director, the Entertainer will not only be responsible for entertaining guests with their own talents, but also will also be required to provide entertainment throughout the cruise by playing recorded music, coordinating the crew shows, and on-board activities such as quizzes and bingo.
The Entertainer is also responsible for maintaining an engaging presence with all guests and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional cruising experience. Your duties will include:
- Providing high quality background music for lunch and dinner and dance music after dinner
- Ability to provide music and entertainment suitable for the over 60's market.
- Perform Australian music at BBQ night and for 'bush band'
- Regular announcements to ensure guests are given appropriate notice and comprehensive details of all tours available from the ‘Murray Princess’
- Assist with guest boarding and disembarkation
- Regular scheduled gangway watch
- Smooth operation of the 'crew show' segment of the cruise, including regular crew rehearsals, update of material and skits.
- Care for all show equipment, costumes, instruments and ensuring these are stored safely.
- Co-ordinate guests' activities and entertainment program
- Assist with the food and wine trail
A relevant tertiary degree in music is well regarded, however, not essential.
This is a casual role on a relief basis only.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application.