Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the Role
Reporting to the Cruise Director, the Entertainer will not only be responsible for entertaining guests with their own talents, but also will also be required to provide entertainment throughout the cruise by playing recorded music, coordinating the crew shows, and on-board activities such as quizzes and bingo.
The Entertainer is also responsible for maintaining an engaging presence with all guests and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional cruising experience.
This is a casual role on a relief basis only.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
Key Role Requirements
- Providing high quality background music for lunch and dinner and dance music after dinner
- Ability to provide music and entertainment suitable for the over 50's market.
- Perform Australian music at BBQ night and for 'bush band'
- Regular announcements to ensure guests are given appropriate notice and comprehensive details of all tours available from the ‘Murray Princess’
- Assist with guest boarding and disembarkation
- Regular scheduled gangway watch
- Smooth operation of the 'crew show' segment of the cruise, including regular crew rehearsals, update of material and skits.
- Care for all show equipment, costumes, instruments and ensuring these are stored safely.
- Co-ordinate guests' activities and entertainment program
- Assist with the food and wine trail
- Accompany guests on some tours and also conduct gentle exercise classes
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be willing to work flexible hours with the ability to live and work away from home for up to two weeks at a time
- Be well groomed and presented at all times
Skills, Qualification & Experience
- A working knowledge of live sound production
- The ability to provide dance music as a solo performer
- A demonstrated knowledge of popular music genres and eras
- Experienced entertainer/ performer
- Experience in hospitality or tourism
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience performing and entertaining audiences
A relevant tertiary degree in music is well regarded, however, not essential.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm Thursday 13th May 2021
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.