SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the hospitality industry?
Are you an experienced Head Chef?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Certificate Qualification and Experience in cooking
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be able to join our team in a permanent capacity
- Be able to work up to 15 days straight
- Be well presented at all times
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Proven strong guest/ customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven reporting and accountability skills
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Attention to detail in preparation & food presentation
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Experience in working in a fast paced team
- Guest service experience
- Experience in food provision services
- Excellent attention to detail
- Food Safety Certificate
- Minimum of 3 year hotel or restaurant experience in a similar role
- Trade Qualification
About the role
The primary function for the Head Chef role is the efficient and safe operations of the galley, food services and supervision of galley staff.
The Head Chef is responsible to prepare, cook and serve meals for passengers and crew. The position involves breakfast shifts, working to schedules, managing your galley team in areas of food preperation, dish washing and cleaning of the crew mess, galley, storage areas and fridges/freezers and maintenance of all galley equipment and utensils. The Head Chef is also responsible for food ordering, menu planning, and stock control.
The Head Chef will provide direction for costing food, budgets and initiating, driving and delivering new business potential to deliver measurable profit.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm Tuesday 15 October 2019.