SeaLink NT welcomes applications for a casual bus driver position on Groote Eylandt.
SeaLink has a small committed team based on Groote Eylandt which provides a safe and reliable transport link for the Groote Eylandt and Bickerton Island communities. We are currently expanding our operation from ferry services to bus services.
The successful candidate will be based on Groote Eylandt or is willing to relocate, it is not a fly in fly out position.
The ordinary working hours will be Monday to Friday and will vary between morning and afternoon/ evening shifts.
- High level of punctuality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Be well presented at all times
- Ability to work autonomously
These attributes will be complimented by experience, skills, and qualifications in the following areas:
- Light Rigid Northern Territory drivers license with H endorsement (involving police check and medical)
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Ochre card
- Own transport
- Ability to drive within Company and Traffic Authority Regulations.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
About the role
The primary function of the bus driver is to effectively and safely operate all company passenger vehicles and to provide professional customer service to the passengers on board.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The re-fuelling of buses in a safe manner
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections
- Sell bus tickets and handle cash
- Complete daily logs and reports
- Cleaning duties
- Assist passengers with queries and boarding where required
Prior passenger transport experience is highly valued but not essential to the role.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 22nd of October 2021
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.