SeaLink are looking for a bright and energetic team player who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism and hospitality industry?
Experienced in hospitality and customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Guest satisfaction
- Stock control and ordering efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet individual and team targets
- Time management
- Ability to use initiative
- Demonstrated ability to show flexibility and work harmoniously within a team
- Honesty & reliability
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Minimum of 1 year hotel, restaurant or cruise ship experience in a position of responsibility, such as a head waiter/waitress or steward– Essential
- Certificate Qualification in Hospitality - Essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol – Essential
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Guest service experience – Essential
- Previous leadership experience - Essential
All meals and on-board accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
The Leading Hand position involves all aspects of food and beverage service including set up, service, clearing and clean-up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The position also involves cleaning duties in dining room and galley, setting up of dining room, polishing cutlery, preparing condiments, folding of napkins, guest boarding and cabin housekeeping (bed making, changing linen and cleaning bathrooms) on change over days.
The Leading Hand is the most experienced waiter/ess and supervises the waiting staff (under the direction of the Cruise Director). The Leading Hand is also responsible for ordering of dining room supplies and therefore ensuring sufficient stocks are on-board.
This is a permanent full time position. Rotating roster of 14.5 days on / 13.5 off / 14.5 on / 6.5 off.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why your are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm 12 September 2019.