- Join an award winning tourism and transport company
- Training and Development opportunities provide
- Swan River Cruises
- Advancement Opportunities
Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier cruise company with a fleet of seven luxurious vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry. Located within the newly established Elizabeth Quay precinct, we offer a wide range of cruise options from Perth to our port city of Fremantle, or upstream towards the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there is operational needs
- Be well presented at all times
- Be a good handyman
- Have good communication and customer service skills
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master less than 24m NC (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
- Minimum Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 NC (Essential)
- Practical experience marine or boat repair (Essential)
- Working knowledge of Safety Management Systems (Essential)
- Working knowledge of OH&S systems and regulations (Essential)
- Shipboard Safety Certificate (Essential)
- Trade Certificate (Desirable)
An understanding of the following:
- Diesel Engines
- Electrics, domestic and marine
- Plumbing and pumping systems
About the role
This position in our team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
Currently this is a casual position requiring you to be rostered dual roles and remunerated accordingly.
This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic.
The role as Master will be responsible to lead the team. There is a Hospitality aspect to this position.The Master will need to provide commentary on the cruises but training and talking points will be provided.
The role as Engineer will ensure the technical aspect of the vessel is maintained in a safe and efficient manner. The Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight and maintenance of all main and auxiliary machinery, including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical, plus the servicing and maintenance of firefighting equipment, the engine room and the cleanliness of machinery spaces.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on Thursday 15 August 2019