- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Training and Development opportunities provided
- Swan River Cruises
- Advancement Opportunities
Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ hospitality industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
Captain Cook Cruises (WA) has been cruising the waterways of Perth for over 30 years. Since then, we have firmly established ourselves as Perth's premier cruise company with a fleet of seven luxurious vessels and a strong reputation within the tourism industry. Located within the newly established Elizabeth Quay precinct, we offer a wide range of cruise options from Perth to our port city of Fremantle, or upstream towards the magnificent Swan Valley wine region.
- Make the guest experience on board a number one priority
- Have a happy and bubbly personality
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there are operational needs
- Be well presented at all times
- Have an attention to detail with regard to cleaning and maintenance duties
- Work public holidays,weekends and nights.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Senior First Aid Qualification (Essential)
- Food Safety Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate (Essential)
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service (Essential)
- Experience in the hospitality industry (Essential)
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focused skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in the tourism industry
- Elements of Ship Board Safety (Desirable)
About the role...
The Deck Hand is an integral part of safe operations at Captain Cook Cruises. The Deck Hand's primary function is the provision of customer service and hospitality duties relevant to the vessels operations.This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.Strong hospitality focus.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and requires knowledge of emergency procedures.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Act as a Deck Hand within the vessels operational requirements.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe and secure operations as directed by the Skipper.
- Assist with the safe, efficient and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage
- Assist with the maintenance of Life Saving Equipment, Fire Fighting Equipment and general ships maintenance as required.
- Assist with the operation of the bar, set and clear tables, maintain the buffet, including sales, stock control and reconciliation.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of passenger areas
- Assist in departures and securing the vessel, including handling ropes and gangways.
- Perform general ship's cleaning duties including public areas, decks, storage and engine spaces as required and directed by the Skipper
- Perform general duties including loading and unloading of linen and stores, waste removal and assist other departments as required and directed by the Skipper.
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 30 October 2019