Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Have a background in the tourism industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
The SeaLink Travel Group (ASX: SLK) employs over 1600 people throughout Australia and operates across South Australia, Queensland, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and New South Wales, under the leading tourism brands of SeaLink and Captain Cook Cruises.
- Ability to work with and accept change
- Rapport and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Initiative & self-motivated
- Systematic reasoning
- Achievement and results driven
- Elements of Shipboard Safety (Essential)
- Senior First Aid (Essential)
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Sales and customer service experience - Essential
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Experience in the Transport Industry - Desirable
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors - Desirable
- Responsible Service of Alcohol - Desirable
- Food Safety Course - Desirable
About the role
The Passenger Service Officers’ primary function of this role is customer service and maintaining the Cafes on board our ferries. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times.
Interpersonal and organisational skills are required and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
To work as the primary contact person for passengers travelling to Kangaroo Island and the associated operational functions and administration requirements of this facility. The Passenger Service Officer will be responsible for the daily, efficient operations of the Café.
The successful applicant will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics.
This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
This is a permanent part time position.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.