Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Have a current drivers license and experience with driving larger vehicles?
Have qualifications in Travel and Tourism?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Pleasant manner and the ability to relate well to people
- Sound administrative and organisational skills
- High level of customer service and communication skills
- Relevant language skills
- High level of professional driving skills
- Applicable state driver’s licence(s) and driver accreditation(s)
- Car (C ) drivers licence – Essential. Medium Rigid (MR) – Highly desirable
- Small (SP) – Essential. Large Passenger (LP) accreditation – Highly desirable
- First Aid Certificate – Senior Level – Essential
- Food Handling/Hygiene Certificate – Highly desirable
- Certificate in tour guiding / ecotourism / environmental management – Highly desirable
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience in the travel industry - Desirable
- Previous experience in dealing with groups of people - Desirable
- Knowledge & Interest of flora and fauna (Australia/Kangaroo Island) - Highly Desirable
- Knowledge & Interest of local history, environment, ecology, farming and parks - Highly Desirable
- Off road / 4WD experience - Desirable
About the role
The Tour Driver/Guide conducts fully escorted wildlife and nature-based touring on Kangaroo Island. They Ensure that Kangaroo Island Odysseys is delivering the highest standard of fully escorted small group touring and that all passenger needs and requirements are met for travel arrangements, accommodation, meals, sightseeing, inspections etc.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.