About the business
Transit Systems is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 350 million customer journeys per year. With operations throughout Australia, in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, London and Singapore, Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company, and together, the combined group employs more than 8000 people, maintains and operates 3400 buses and 78 vessels and provides more than 360 million customer journeys each year. For more information about Transit Systems please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
About the role
This role manages a team of 8+ professionals that are responsible for critical bus networks in New South Wales. The world of scheduling and network planning is highly complex and this is an opportunity to drive the team, key stakeholders (bus drivers, depot managers and others) and senior leadership to deliver optimised commercial outcomes from the network.
Transit Systems has an authentic commitment to giving its employees a supportive environment. We see this appointment as the critical next step in enabling the Sydney based team to play a major role in the organisation’s success.
Do you have what it takes:
- Exceptional people skills and senior professional with team management experience
- A sound understanding and background in transit/network planning/scheduling or related field
- Ability to support and motivate a team to deliver optimal outcomes in potentially challenging time frames
- Problem solving mindset required in dealing with naturally complex network challenges
- Ability to work with external stakeholders and take on different types of feedback
- Ability to perform technical analysis of network planning & scheduling utilising data structures and leveraging the HASTUS system
- Efficiency in scheduling solutions to drive commercial business outcomes
- A sound understanding of project management
What we can offer you
Chance to work in an authentic ASX listed progressive organisation that is one of the industry leaders in terms of innovation and service delivery with an international footprint
A highly capable existing team that is genuinely passionate about their profession and the industry
Support from above – as we are committed to developing team members to progress and are willing to invest in the business.
To be at the forefront of the NSW public transport sector’s transformation given further privatisation/franchising.
A competitive remuneration package including a fully maintained company car
Please submit your CV and cover letter that highlight's what you can deliver.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 12th June 2020.
**No agencies please**
Transit Systems, a subsidiary Sealink Travel Group and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.