SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
Living and working in paradise… We just can’t think of anything better!
So, what are we looking for?
We are in search of a Live On professional Food and Beverage Duty Manager to join our diverse team of Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
About the role:
Our Food and Beverage department boasts; Seabelle Restaurant, Maheno Restaurant, The Sand Bar, Sunset Bar, Dingo Bar and our Weddings, Events and Conferencing department.
You will have the opportunity to lead a team of skilled and enthusiastic hospitality professionals. You will be ensuring that the award-winning food and beverage operations at Kingfisher Bay Resort remain a consistently memorable dining experience for guests during their stay.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in the management of the operational and strategic functions of a resort food and beverage department or similar
- Experience with the management of food and beverage service, staff supervision, stock control, security, supplier management, food and beverage revenue analysis and promotions/marketing liaison
- Demonstrated management experience in a quality a-la-carte/ fine dining restaurant service/high volume buffet service/ weddings and events
- You will be passionate about fine food and quality wine
- Demonstrated high level of staff management and motivational skills
- Great time management skills and the ability to produce and manage a superior product
- Proven financial acumen and ability to provide departmental reporting as required
- Hold a current RSA certificate with strong wine and cocktail knowledge
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards for Kingfisher Bay Resort. Inclusive of: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
A few simple role requirements…
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within the last 6 months), or the ability to obtain one for work
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on Fraser Island for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
Our promise to you:
- We will reward you with a remuneration package commensurate to your experience and qualifications.
- We will allow you to benefit from staff discounts across hotel operations and tour experiences and will be joining a company who pride themselves on promoting an exceptional nature based eco-tourism experience for guests, whilst placing minimal impact the island environment.
Moving to Fraser Island…
Has moving to an island ever been on your bucket list? Well, why not tick it off now! We are searching for a live on island team member for this role. This involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
A few live on island perks for team members…
- Daily free shuttle service to and from the Staff Village and Resort complex
- Free 24 hour staff only laundry and gym facilities
- Breakfast and dinner served daily at the Dingo Bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily in the Main Resort Complex
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Free walk on barge transfers to and from the island for all team members
- Access to the Sandbar pool all year round
How we work with you…
SeaLink Fraser Island are proud to offer a range of career development and recognition programs, along with team member benefits. Here are just a few…
- Access to an in-house Training & Development Manager to assist you with your career growth within the company
- Monthly One-On-One’s are held between you and your Department Manager which involves a healthy conversation around your work performance, progression, and provides you with an opportunity to identify any areas you would like to expand into within the company
- Departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to get to know your Department team members on a social level, while also recognising the hard work of fellow members within your team
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Team member famils – why not stay a night at one of our Resorts, dine in our restaurants, take a tour, or enjoy a relaxing massage in our Island Day Spa! Team members are provided with an opportunity to experience each aspect of the company throughout their employment
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, which are designed to recognise those team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
So… if this opportunity sounds too good to miss, send your application through to our team – we can’t wait to hear from you soon!