Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
Kangaroo Island Odysseys (a subsidiary of SeaLink) is looking for bright and energetic individuals who are fluent in Italian, have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Experience in Travel and Tourism?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Fluent in speaking and translating Italian?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Pleasant manner and the ability to relate well to people
- Sound administrative and organisational skills
- High level of customer service and communication skills
- Italian language skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Seniors First Aid Certificate – Highly desirable
- Food Handling/Hygiene Certificate – Highly desirable
- Certificate in Tour Guiding / Ecotourism / environmental management - Highly desirable
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience in the travel industry - Desirable
- Previous experience in dealing with groups of people
- Knowledge & Interest of local flora and fauna (Australia/Kangaroo Island) - Highly desirable
- Knowledge & Interest of local history, environment, ecology, farming and parks - Highly desirable
About the role
The Tour Guide/Interpreter conducts fully escorted wildlife and nature-based touring on Kangaroo Island. They must ensure that Kangaroo Island Odysseys is delivering the highest standard of fully escorted small group touring and that all passenger needs and requirements are met for travel arrangements, accommodation, meals, sightseeing, inspections etc.
When rostered as a Tour Guide/Interpreter, your role is not limited to guiding / interpreting and dealing with the passengers. It is vital that the Guide / Interpreter and the Tour Driver work closely as a team and assist each other with all aspects of the management and coordination of the tour and passengers for the duration of the day.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.