Have a background in the hospitality industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to submit your resume!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
- Have an attention to detail with regard to cleaning and hygiene
- Make the customer experience on board a number one priority
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required (seasonal)
- Be available to be rostered during both weekdays, weekends and public holidays as necessary, including day and evening shifts
- Be available at short notice to join a shift when there is operational needs
- Experienced barista with ability to make cafe goods e.g. sandwiches, rolls, filled croissants, basic hot food; pies etc
- Be well presented at all times
- High level of maturity
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- First Aid Qualification - Desirable
- Drivers Licence
- Food Safety Certificate and/or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate will be of benefit - Essential
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
About the role
You may be rostered on our land-based cafe 'The Departure Lounge' or either of our cafes on board our larger ferries that operate between Cleveland and North Stradbroke Island.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and requires a strong knowledge of emergency procedures.
Working in close conjunction with all crew and customers, duties will include:
- Collecting supplies from stores onsite at Cleveland between crossings from Dunwich to Cleveland
- Setting up and closing down duties
- Preparation of food
- Stocking cabinets and fridges with supplies
- Serving customers
- Making hot drinks and barista coffees
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.